Sunday, May 11, 2008

Asian Arrival

This post will be short as my jet lag is really kicking in tonight. But, I made it to Asia and am hanging out with my team and catching up with all the changes that are happening around here. It has been great to be back and honestly, I feel like I'm home. That's a good feeling in a place that used to be the strangest thing to me. God really blessed me with a good re-entry here.

Here are a few pictures from our ride up from Kabul:

Just because the inside of the car is full, doesn't mean you can't ride along!


This is a picture of the Salang pass on the road north from Kabul. There is still a bit of snow and it was nice and chilly. The high was a cool 103 degrees F in the city I am in now...and it will only get hotter as summer approaches.

We made it safely despite our driver hitting a cow in the middle of the road. The car was dented and the cow just stood there in stunned disbelief but all was okay.

No comments: