Sunday, November 09, 2008

Singled out at church

I don't know what the deal is but the last two Sundays at church I've managed to sit behind "That Couple"...you know the one: young, oozing with beauty and smelling of suburbia. They absolutely can't keep their hands off each other (his arm is around her waist during worship and around her shoulders during the sermon) and they whisper to each other the entire service. My church meets in a high school auditorium and so we have the typical folding auditorium seats. I happen to be a little short (ahem) so every time this couple leans in to tell each other about who knows what I am cut off from any view and feeling of participation in the service.

Sigh.

I'm going to have to start choosing my seat more carefully in the Sunday service, sadly enough.

No comments: