Friday, December 26, 2008

Finishing a chapter, beginning a new one

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated my blog but considering in the last two weeks I graduated, finished my final papers and exams, and spend Christmas with my family in Minnesota....well, consider yourself blessed by an actual update on my blog!


The above is a photo of the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College. This is where I spent the majority of my time at Wheaton.



Well, I'm officially a Master in Intercultural Studies if you can believe it! The year and a half program has flown by and saying goodbye to this chapter of my life is bittersweet. I've made some amazing friends:


and have some fantastic memories and wonderful experiences and feel as though I'm walking away from here with a new understanding of cultures and worldview that will be a great benefit to me in the months and years ahead. However, I admit, I was getting a bit restless over the last few months. I get this rush of excitement as I search for ticket prices on flights. I went to the library to check out some "candy" reading (non-academic reading, now that I'm finished with my degree) and ended up checking out The Lost Continent by Bill Bryson and Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert...they are both travelogues. hmmm....I sense a theme.

I can barely keep track of my own schedule, but for those interested in tracking me down, I will be back to Chicago for a week to pack up my stuff, back in MN for a fundraiser at my home church on January 9 (please come if you're around! There will be yummy Afghan food!). Then I will be traveling to Amsterdam Jan 16-26 to take part in some training for the school we are going to run in A-land this upcoming year and to do some team building. Then I'll be back in the USA to finish up raising support, to represent my organization at Wheaton's Mission in Focus week, and to pack and head back to A-land mid-February. It's going to be a lot of travel and I'll be doing a bit of couch hopping before I head back "home" in central Asia.

So, stay in touch. I want to see you if you are in MN or Chicago (or happen to be passing through Amsterdam the same time as me!).

No comments: