Monday, September 28, 2009

The story of the goat and the mouse


Well, I am back from the remote northeast and there are many stories to tell. I figured I'd just post on here as I have time. But I wanted to start with a little fun tale that was a memorable experience. (and as a note of caution, for those of you who aren't so keen on bathroom stories, skip this post and wait for the next one to come...)

It was late at night at our friends' guesthouse. Their accommodations are a bit more well, primitive than a 5 star guesthouse in say, well, anywhere else. The toilet is basically an outhouse (but keep in mind, many peoples' bathrooms are just a spot somewhere on the ground outside).

This particular night, I had to use the bathroom after the generator had been turned off for the night. So, I donned my handy-dandy headlamp and made my way to the outhouse. I lifted up the seat to the toilet, and I don't normally glance down into the toilet of outhouses, but my light from my headlamp happened to shine directly down into the hole. I saw something moving in the light. I did a double take and saw a white little mouse scurrying around on the...ahem, pile. My thought was, "sucks to be that mouse right now." Then I turned around and what should have made its way into the outhouse behind me but a goat! I grabbed the broom in the corner and hit the goat on its butt trying to get it to make its way kindly back out and leave me in privacy. However, the goat was stubborn as all get out and refused to move, let alone leave me alone to take care of business. So, I figured well, goat and mouse, we will experience this trip to the bathroom together.

Yep, a moment I will remember forever...and the goat and the mouse probably will too.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What? Are there people who don't like bathroom stories? What a sad existence...

This is AWESOME.