Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dubai



I've made my way through Dubai a number of times as it's the easiest port of entry to Af. Most times I crash for a night and continue my journey. This time, because I had to get my visa for Taiwan, I ended up staying about 5 days and renting a car.

My last day I drove to see the Burj Khalifa, which is now the tallest building in the world standing at 162 stories. Oddly enough, I'm about to board a plane where what used to be the tallest building is, Taipei 101. This building is so tall it reaches the clouds. Unfortunately it is temporarily closed so I was unable to get up there. But a word to the wise...if you do want to visit it, buy tickets ahead of time on the internet. They're about 4x as much if you just show up.

Anyways, I just wanted to post a photo, say I'm still alive and making the journey. There's so much to write and a number of times I've wanted to sit down and blog, but it's been quite a busy and emotionally exhausting season. I will post things here as the muse stirs.

(and I took much better photos of the building with my camera but it's currently in my checked baggage as I sit through a layover in Malaysia. When I get settled in Taiwan, I'll post some more).

No comments: