Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pain is a part of the process....

I ran a half marathon a little over half a year ago, believe it or not.
I still have the medal in my room.
I still remember how it felt to cross that finish line.
I even have pictures to prove it (see below)...

And now I'm feeling like I'm back at square one trying to train for another one!
I took a 3 week "break" while I was prepping and teaching Exodus...BAD idea. I should not skip workouts to study and stress. That defeats the purpose. The workout is supposed to ease the stress and make sure those snacks I ate while studying don't take up permanent residence around my waist.

So....
I'm back on the training circuit. And sending out my intentions into the cyber-world maybe in a manner of accountability or of confessions from a slacker. But, I'm excited to run another half. It's true, you really do get addicted to them.
But I know these next few weeks will be a little painful. It's embarrassing when I can barely bust out two miles but I have to keep in mind, it's the way training goes! And I was thinking it's a bit like life, you know...sometimes you are going and you know you're prepared for it, when it gets a bit rough it's okay, you've been trained for it. But there are other times when you're stepping into something new or getting back into something again and the learning curve is steep and a bit painful...it hurts the pride, and maybe even the physical body.
So, I'm facing the pain and going to get back in shape to conquer these 13.1 miles!

Hopefully you'll be seeing me like this in a few months: :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Go Danika! I'm cheering for you! And praying, too!