Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Gift of Sight

My mom received a letter yesterday from the organization that helped coordinate Jimmy's organ donation. They were writing to inform us that someone had received the gift of sight through the donation of James' organs. My mom and I cried together on the phone when she told me about it.

I remember someone going off on me about organ donation a couple years ago and how the system is corrupt and some people's organs end up being waste in some university somewhere. They swore they would never let their body parts be so flippantly dealt with. I don't believe that person has ever lost a loved one or known someone that had a second chance because someone else donated their organs. And by the way, I'm an organ donor so you can all fight over my body parts once I'm gone. I definitely won't be needing them!

Of course, even if we could help every single person in the world, it wouldn't take away the pain in my heart from losing James, but today, a little bit of it was eased. I know that someone out there, is walking around with James' gentle eyes. There truly is beauty that rises out of the ashes.

________________________________________________________________

I'm scheduled to take my GRE at noon on Friday, January 12. I'll be so happy to finally have that over with.

And then I fly out to CA on Sunday!!!
(My return date to Asia is leaving the States February 12 and arriving Feb. 14)

Here are some photos, as promised earlier:

My grandparents' house all decorated for Christmas!


This is a view of the yard after a snowstorm on New Year's Eve.


William (my youngest brother) and I went sliding on "killer hill" near where my grandparents live.


One of many silly pictures William and I took in the park after sliding.


This is for all you Who's down in Who-ville! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danika -- Have fun taking the GRE! You're brilliant and will do so well, I'm sure.

I'm so excited for you to get to experience Wheaton and to soak up the wealth of information and love the profs and students offer.

Praying for that big test!
Emily Childs