Thursday, May 03, 2007

A little bit of a rant

You know, I really don’t like it when people used terns like “closed countries.” What it really means is that it’s a bit difficult and more effort than is worth anyone’s time to be there. I live in one of your so-called “closed countries.” And yes, I’m not going to say it’s all sunshine and roses and warm-fuzzy feelings (because the sun causes heat that escalates up to 125 degrees, the roses are surrounded by dust and piles of trash and the warm-fuzzy feeling you are experiencing most likely means you are about to get sick with a foreign friend that invaded your tummy during the last indulgence on street food). But, I wish people would not talk about places and people like the people that I know and live with like God has rejected them and there is no hope for them. The truth is I talk about God all day long…you know what a closed country is? America. We have so politically-corrected ourselves so you can never say what is truly on your heart and you can’t talk about the deep stuff of life because it may conflict with someone elses’ view and would deem you “intolerant.”

So these countries, these places are not closed. They are not locked and existing outside your own little world. They are real places, with real people and often times, they are the most open places for God to do what he wants because it is full of people who are in desperate need of Him. There’s no where else to turn and we get the priviledge of sharing the message of the One who is There. He is not limited by borders and governments. Our God laughs at man-made political boundaries because His kingdom has no end.

1 comment:

The Hungry Academic said...

Yeah! I feel like I edit myself each day here in the good ol' USA! I am so glad you went on that rant. It is not only important for us to know what your country is like, but to also have a realistic understanding of our own and God's role in it. You go girl! Kudos!