Friday, June 15, 2007

Khuda Afez!! (Goodbye!)

This week has been one goodbye after another. I finished my last language lesson and have finished first grade in reading and writing! Now I'm a confident second grader! :) I've had a party at my office, a great lunch with my favorite Afghan meal (Oshak....it's like tortallini with vegetables inside with yogurt and a meat sauce on top. Yum!) at one of my Afghan friends' house. And just today we had a relaxing morning swimming in a river nearby and eating fruit right off the trees in this beautiful garden of a friend of ours. You have not experienced life until you have eaten a sun-ripened plum right off the tree.

So, as always, I'll post a few pictures for your viewing enjoyment:






1. The river...looks a little dirty but it was SOOO refreshing!
2. Me and a dear friend of mine
3. Me and another dear friend of mine at the garden
4. Pomegranates....this area we were in grows pomegranates and sends them all over the country. Again, you haven't lived until you've eaten a pomegranate freshly picked from the tree. But, they don't ripen until August so I'll have to buy them for 50 cents apiece in the States instead of 50 cents for a kilo!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Happy travels, friend. I'm praying for your return, the Lord's leading in all you do here, His continued healing in your heart of hearts, divine appointments while state side, and blessings in the furthering of your education...a time of rest, a time of filling, a time of renewal and vision.
Love you!
Ade
xoxox