Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ice Cold Camping







I went camping this last weekend with a bunch of girls who are in my program here at Wheaton. I didn't really know any of them so it was a great chance to make some new friends and get to know them. And we definitely had quite the experience as the temperature mysteriously dropped...it was at freezing temperatures the first night (but a warm 41 degrees INSIDE the tent! cozy! ha!)

One of the girls ran a triathalon at Devil's Lake and finished well. We had a lot of fun cheering her on. Notice the warm clothes while our friend was diving into the lake and then getting out and hopping on a bike to air dry! yikes.


The weekend finished in Madison, WI where we walked around a bit and ate at an Afghan restaurant. It's strange to be paying $8 for a plate of food that I used to eat at the office every day for much, much less than that!


But, all in all, there was fun to be had. I have to admit, it was great to hang out with people who enjoy stuff like camping and such once again. I am definitely loving the variety and the caliber of people that I am getting the opportunity to spend time with. There's more of that in this week ahead as well. I was praying before I came back to the States that I could have a bit of a social life again. I totally enjoy hanging out with my team and we do have fun together but there is something about just hanging out and not talking about work or feeling like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. So, God is answering many of my prayers during this time.

So...as I'm writing this I have a pile of reading that is trying to get my attention. I suppose I should be a good steward of my time and get to that. :)

No comments: