Friday, October 26, 2007

Fall break, y'all!


These lovely ladies and I headed down to Arkansas for fall break this last week. Amy, standing to the right of me, is from Hope, AR so we stayed at her house as well as experiencing Shephard of the Ozarks, a Christian retreat center. So, we drove all night long the first night (to avoid paying for a place to stay...definitely a group of college students!). The first day we went horseback riding (of which I don't currently have pictures, but will soon) and hiking and just hung out and enjoyed life without a pile of reading or papers to write.


In addition to a buffalo named Buford (yes, that is correct), a donkey, horses, a sheep, a goat and a deer that we saw there, I also stumbled across this critter in the picture above that was crossing the road in front of me. Can you find the walking stick in this picture?! I geeked out because I've never seen one and it just appeared in front of me! So cool.


After our adventures in the Ozarks we drove to Amy's family farm and enjoyed a great evening prepared by her dad. We went fishing in the pond, had a fish fry picnic and took a hay ride. It was a gorgeous night and lots of fun to meet Amy's family and receive some of that Southern hospitality I've heard so much about. In the picture above a hay fight ensued shortly after leaving me quite itchy.


And for those of you who don't know, Hope, Arkansas was where Bill Clinton spent his first 6 years of life. We got to see his house and his old kindergarden. You gotta love being a tourist!

So, I'm back at school beginning the second half of the semester. I finished three classes: Theological Foundations, Evangelism and Church Planting, and Spiritual Conflict. I'm beginning Historical Foundations (of Missions) and decided to audit "Issues and Trends in Missions" since I couldn't fit it into my schedule elsewhere. I will be sending out an email newsletter to those on my email list sometime in the next week.

And I'm still looking for a car and a job. I've applied at a ton of places but haven't gotten any takers yet. My job experience outside of ministry is pretty limited but if people only knew, I have mad skills. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Pray that I'd finalize something on a car because I really need one. Wheaton is very suburban and not a whole lot is within walking distance, and that mainly includes job opportunities.

No comments: