Saturday, February 02, 2008

For baby



So, over Christmas break on a day when I was feeling like I had a lot of time on my hands to try to be productive with, I made a trip to Hobby Lobby (ALWAYS dangerous for me!) and bought a pile of yarn and came home armed with ideas and ambition to make a few baby blankets for a number of my friends expecting this spring. Well, I finished my first one and it turned out really, really good. I just learned to crochet before I left for Afghanistan (and I crocheted an ungodly amount of snowflakes in my free time in the evenings, so it was a worthwhile skill to learn. We hung them all up our first Christmas there and I gave a bunch to my language teacher as a gift) and as usual, I like to undertake projects with a little bit of a challenge. This blanket wasn't so much of a challenge this time as it was fun. It was my first crochet project with more than one color. I also learned how to crochet stars. The whole thing took about a month in my spare time (which greatly decreased once school started!). I gave this to Bill and Jaemey Bush today who are leading my small group and are expecting their first child this coming month.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute, Sneaks! Great work! dr

Anonymous said...

we love this blanket, I almost don't wanna give it to the baby...you know with all the spit up and the other inevitable bodily fluids ...