Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Break 2008!!

This spring break I am in the Red River Gorge in Kentucky with a group of people from Wheaton going hiking and rock climbing. I will probably be gracing the trails and not pretending to be spiderwoman on the side of the cliff because I'm afraid of heights and I'm not going to pretend to be buff and strong at the expense of my life pummeling off the rock face! But, I'm SO HAPPY to be out of the concrete jungle and into the REAL wilderness. Today we threw our stuff down at our hostel and set out for a short hike to a place called the Indian staircase.

This is the view from the top of the Indian staircase overlooking the gorge. It looks a little drab without their being leaves on the trees, but trust me, the view was AMAZING!


This is the "Indian Staircase." If you look closely you can see the divets that make up the staircase in the sandstone.


Here's the ubiquitous self-portrait at the top of the hike. Always need a good self-portrait I always say.


This picture is of me and my friend Augustine. She'll be the rock-climbing queen for the week but I'm excited for the rest of the time we'll be hanging out. We are in the same program at Wheaton.

Well, look forward to more adventures in the days to come. Tomorrow I'm planning on hitting "The Rough Trail"...nearly 8 miles of up and down along the sides of the gorge. Looking forward to a good workout. If I can pick up my fingers to blog, you may be hearing from me. If not...I've crashed for the day and will see you another time! :)

No comments: