Sunday, July 06, 2008

Shaving my feet

I had a moment in Kyrgyzstan where I was thinking "I have to blog about this." You can tell you are really getting into blogging when you start rating your life experiences as blog-worthy or not.

So, here's the moment: A teammate and I decided we really wanted to get a pedicure before heading back to Af and destroying our feet again. So, we got a friend to schedule a time for us. We walked in to the salon, said "pedicure" with a russian accent and got seated with our feet in a tub of water and a Russian makeover show on TV in front of us. It was your typical pedicure: they soaked our feet, took my current nail polish off, cleaned around my nails, etc. Then she takes out the pumice stone to smooth away my incredibly rough, Af-stan abused feet. The pumice stone just wasn't cutting it. SOOOO, she pulls out a razor blade, attaches it to the razor and proceeds to SHAVE the dead skin off the bottom of my feet. That was when I thought, "this is a blog-worthy moment."

What was even more disgusting was the pile of dead skin after she was done. Yuck.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You know that's really interesting, because last week my brother and sister-in-law were telling me about a tv-ad that was selling a foot-shaver- designed to do exactly what you described!

My thought is, what if you get too ambitious? You would have super-sore tootsies for a while!

I'd like to hear your Russian-accented English some day. :)

Adrienne said...

That is AWESOME! I am training for a breast cancer marathon and a half walk in NYC so am PURPOSEFULLY NOT shaving or sanding my feet, presently, so they get hard and rough and callousy. Nice, huh?! Your life is way better than blog-worthy, fyi! Much love to you and continued pryrs. Ade xoxox