Friday, July 25, 2008

A week into TESOL

So, I had fully intended to take pictures of the incredibly beautiful place that I am living in for a month. However, my life has been so full that I haven't even had time to think about it! So pictures are to come.

I got to the YWAM base on Saturday night and was so jet-lagged that I wanted to go direct from the plane to my bed. However, in YWAM fashion I met a ton of people on that journey so I finally collapsed into my lofted bed in my dorm room late that night. I'm only now beginning to get over jet-lag.

So, I've been in class eight hours a day every day this week learning linguistics, grammar, speaking activities, lesson planning, etc, etc, etc. It's been pretty intense but also a lot of fun. As many of you know, I am a bit of a grammar geek and as we were going through things like "syntax" and "present continuous" I couldn't help but give a little shout-out to all my past English teachers, especially Dr. Black. She taught advanced grammar and I was her teacher's assistant for three years. Good times.

Tomorrow is a day off so a bunch of us are going to drive up into Glacier National Park and hike around a bit and see the beauty of the area. I'm sooooo looking forward to it, especially after staring at nothing but dirt all summer! On Monday I will start the practicum part of the course and I will be teaching ESL to internationals in the Kalispell area each night for two and a half weeks.

No comments: