Thursday, July 23, 2009

Colorado rest



This last week I spent in Colorado around Denver, Colorado Springs and the Breckenridge area. I can't tell tell you how refreshed my soul feels when I am in the outdoors. It makes me wonder why people in Colorado are not some of the happiest on earth.



I also had some time to catch up and hang out with my dear friend Augustine (pictured below) and Bob and Donna (my other, southern parents) and visit the Y base while I was in town. It so blesses me to have relationships that can continue on even after months and even years of not seeing people. If I didn't have friends that could just pick up after time has passed, well, I wouldn't have very many friendships at all because I'm so in and out.



So, this afternoon I board yet another plane and begin yet another journey across the ocean. It's strange how this jumping back and forth, switching from tank tops to head scarves, speaking English and Persian in nearly one breath, going from green trees to brown desert within a day has become normal. I have to admit that the transition and the current stress of life overseas has taken it's toll on me. I am sensing a need for a possible extended rest. I may not know what that looks like and I feel that I am to keep going hard through the finish of our school (March 2010). For those of you who do pray for me, I'd ask for you especially to lift up this area. I want to walk in fullness and really am seeking to find joy again in what I do, my relationship with God, and with others.

To those of you I spent time with in the States or talked with on the phone during this time...thank you for blessing my life! You are all so important to me and thanks for pouring into our friendship. I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss you Danika! Britta's baby girl Kaatje "Katy" is such a precious gift and such a blessing. I hope that you will come and see me when you get back home. There is so much in our area here to do ministering to A & I immigrants. Just know you are loved and cared for very much! Always, Karen