Monday, July 13, 2009

Jeremy and Rachael's wedding


My brother is a married man!
In one day I gained a sister-in-law and a new neice!

Through my blurry-eyed jet lag I was able to arrive at home, get my hair cut, get a cute dress for the wedding, and engage in the rehearsal dinner and all other wedding activities in style. It has been so great to be home for this event as Jeremy is the first of our family and my cousins to get married.

The wedding was very casual and it was a beautiful day in the park. The ceremony was quick, simple and sweet. Rachael's beautiful daughter, Bella, stood up front with Jeremy and Rachael. She seems to be quite taken with her new dad as well as her "Uncle Bill." I have to admit, it was quite the adjustment to hear this little girl call my mom, "Grandma." I love how our family is growing!

The reception was a lot of fun with dancing and visiting with relatives. It was very special for me to be able to share this day with them. I'm so thankful I was able to make it back. I often feel so far away from home and distant from people but being able to make it back and participate in these important occasions makes the distance seem a little less.

So, congratulations Jeremy and Rachael (and Bella!). I wish you the best in your future together and may you grow closer as a family (and to our whole family) and continue to love one another even more every day!



With the bride and groom



The siblings together again

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you were able to be home for the wedding! We were able to come home for Vandenn's sister's wedding at the end of June. Your dress is so cute!! Hope you're enjoying your time in the States. I know we are!