Thursday, January 07, 2010

Etiquette

After sending out nearly 250 acknowledgement cards after my grandpa's funeral, I would like to give a word of advice to all of you out there....when you send a card or give a gift to someone whether it be at a wedding, a funeral or a baby shower, PLEASE put your return address on the card!! It saves people a LOT of time and hassle and it's not arrogant or self-serving. People actually want to send you a thank you or express their appreciation someway. It helps in the grieving process, believe it or not.

And I've also wondered why so many people send a copy of the obituary? Is this customary as well? Why is this?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think people send the obituary in case you wanted a or another copy. But because other people do the same thing, it becomes strange to have so many. The same thing happens if you kids makes honor roll or gets an award or is interviewed and it gets in the paper - people decide you might want an extra copy to mail to Gramma in Montana or something. I think I have 3 or four copies of my mom's obit still floating around after 12ish years, one is scrapbooked, another is on a bookmark someone made... People just want to make sure you have as many copies as you need so you have another way to remember how great Pa Potter was.