Saturday, April 10, 2010

A little tour of my life

In the busyness of moving across different continents and countries, I've been very bad at playing "tourist" and taking photos of everything. But a couple of days ago I grabbed my camera and took it along with me throughout a bit of my day.

First, here are some photos from the YWAM 50th celebration we just had this last week. The founders of our organization are traveling around the world this year to 43 locations where there will be gatherings to celebrate what God has done over the last 50 years and to cast vision for what lies ahead. It is an exciting time to be a part of YWAM and I've been blessed to be a part of the celebrations here. I'm sad I'll be missing the one in C.Asia because much of my time in YWAM has been invested there, but celebrating with the YWAM family here has been a blessing.


With friends at the 50th celebration:


Now, welcome to my world here in Taiwan:
This is the apartment building where I live. The apartment is the entire top floor. Believe it or not, I live with 19 other people! We have 7 bedrooms and a big living room (you can see the living room in an earlier post.)


This is the street in front of my place. Motos (scooters) are ubiquitous here.


This is the view from my roof. I come up here to get some quiet, alone time. It's been quite the transition from a big village to a big bustling city!


And here's my bedroom! Yes, there are three bunkbeds here. I have 5 roommates. But, the reality is, I pretty much just sleep here. The rest of my time is pretty full.


This is our classroom. There are 58 students and 19 staff members. It gets pretty full in here. The cool thing about this place is that it used to be a night club and not a reputable place. Now, it's packed full of people learning the word of God. God can redeem anything.


And this is where I will be spending most of my time these next nine months...devouring the word of God, many many hours in the Bible. Bring it on! I'm so thirsty for some refreshing and have already been greatly impacted by what we have been studying.


So, I hope that lets you get a better peek into what I'm doing and what my life is like. It's quite the change from the last 4 years but I believe I'm right where I should be and though there are a lot of unknowns ahead, I have peace and trust that God is holding me and things will unfold in their time.

1 comment:

the aug said...

dude, i need a copy of your highlighting technique