Friday, January 22, 2016

Back in the blogging saddle again

It has been over two years since I've written on my blog.

Two years.

And it's not as though I haven't had anything to write about. I've only gotten married, moved, looked for and started new jobs, traveled, and oh yeah, had a baby. Nothing much going on.

In fact, that has been the "problem." There has been so much going on that it has taken all my concentration and focus and investment.

Also, it has been a huge transition, and not all of it easy. I find blogging allows a peek inside of people's lives and I have to admit, there have been many moments these last few years that I've just been struggling to figure it all out, have a balance, etc, that any outside (and especially unsolicited) advice or input would just be the cherry-on-top to overwhelm me.

But, now that I'm in this new season of motherhood, I'm finding I crave a bit of a creative outlet. In my day-in and day-out routine with my adorable baby boy, there are deep parts of my soul that are needing some investment. I believe that writing is a big part of that for me.

So, here we go again. I have even been dragging my feet because i had plans to revamp my blog visually, maybe even go with a different platform, rename it, get a new focus and spin on it. But alas, getting over that hurdle was keeping me from the very thing I wanted to be doing, just writing. So it's back to the old standby blog that has been patiently waiting for me out there in internet neverland. A place filled with many of my previous thoughts and experiences....collecting digital cobwebs and unseen by pretty much everyone. Well....Lazarus come forth! Let's breathe some life into you again and see where this takes us.

Next post....some things on my new mommy mind I've been dying to process.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish that when I had started a family I could have had the 'net' to ask all the questions a new mother wants and needs to know... you are so fortunate to have this tool and I am sure you already know that.. I hope that as your little one grows and grows, all the wonderful new things you will discover together will enrich your world.. It is truly a miracle to carry and then bring out into the world, a tiny little creature that carries your genes. I was lucky to have managed to have five wonderful kids that grew into five wonderful people that still enrich my world and I am learning more and more every day from them.. I saw your blog and had to write and tell you, despite all the busy times in your life, you must try and keep up the blog. I used a diary to record our lives and loves, but you have something even more dynamic, a computer... so hallo from the UK and I look forward to seeing more about your life and lives online... all the best from over the pond.. J