Saturday, February 10, 2007

David Crowder Band Concert



Wow...
I just got back from seeing David Crowder Band in concert this evening. It was, mmmm, cathartic may be the right word. Their music is meant to be experienced, not just heard. It was incredible.

And it got me thinking about my kitchen in C. Asia. Why?, you ask. Well...when I cook (our team takes turns cooking dinner), I enjoy a bit of music and David Crowder Band is one of my favs. I remember one really crappy day where I was in one of those "I just want to pack up my bags and get out of here" moods. So, I brought out my ipod and my speakers but the electricity went out. (explative!) So, I put my headphones on and cranked up the sound and was literally jumping around and singing "you are my joy, you are my joy, you are my JOOOOOYYYYYYY!!!" at the top of my lungs. Now, my kitchen door and window look out into my yard (the kitchen is not connected to the inside of the house except through a porch) and our night watchman was out there watching the crazy western woman performing live in the kitchen.

Then I'm at this concert jumping around and singing at the top of my lungs again and Mr. Crowder probably has no idea that his songs are being performed live in Asia.

No comments: