Monday, February 12, 2007

The wide, wide world

Well friends, and whoever else happens to glance at this blog...It's the night before I leave and my bags are all packed. I spent 4 hours on the phone today just saying goodbyes. I can't believe 3 months has flown by so fast. I was thinking today this time has been bitter-sweet...but then I changed my mind because when I think of bitter-sweet it seems that it's more negative than positive. Yes, the death of my brother was like a gash through my heart, nothing positive about that. However, there have been sweet, sweet times here...with family and friends but the sweetest have been my times alone with the Lord. I've sobbed so much in these last few months, the whole body wrenching, gasping sobbing. But, in the release of the pain in my heart, I've felt the peace of God descend on me like nothing I could put into words. And I have this eye-opening glimpse of eternity that was somewhat clouded before my world getting flipped upside-down. I have come to understand that death is not an ending but a moving on and that the reality of life in a fallen world, that is what is bittersweet about this. We are living in the shadow of promises fulfilled. Our glory is still to come. We live with war, disease, pain, tears, divorce, famine, etc. Perfection, ultimate beauty, everlasting fulfillment is still only a hope in our hearts, but for those who have passed on to the next life, their hope is reality. wow.

So the other great news, I just talked to my Dad on the phone tonight and he read me my ACCEPTANCE letter from Wheaton! Now I'm just waiting for them to tell me that they are giving me money to study at their school! So, Masters of Intercultural Studies, here I come!

I will keep this blog updated and would love emails and comments and communication from EVERYONE! It really makes my day and I love being able to stay in touch even being half a world away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats friend! That's awesome! dr

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! I am so proud of you! Love you tons....

MOM