Friday, August 01, 2008

The end of the second week

So, Friday is here and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. This weekend I have two days that will not be 12 hour days of class/lesson planning/teaching. Whew. It has been pretty intense.

This week we began our practicum which means that in addition to being in class, I am also teaching a group of students in a nearby town. My class is the advanced class which means they know quite a bit and can sometimes outdo me in what they know about grammar. Still, I think it's going well. We are having some interesting conversations and interactions. I have students from Mexico, Japan, Columbia and Brazil.

Last weekend I was able to go out to Glacier National Park and experience the vast beauty there. It is breathtaking! Unfortunately, my camera lens is having an issue (I talked to a camera shop this week and they estimated it will cost about $120 to fix!!) so these pictures are borrowed from others that went on the trip. (so on that note, pray for wisdom about what I should do with my camera!)


Some fellow members of the TESOL class and myself.


Some mountain goats


Glacier is BEAUTIFUL!!!! A picture barely does it justice.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey, good luck on the teaching. I always recommend the Fly Swatter Game for reviewing. Works for any age level. Let me know if you want to know more.

Also, a YWAMer spoke at my church this morning- involved in the Impact WOrld Tour that's coming to my hometown. I wondered if you two had met, as she is from Colorado. But all I remember is that her name is Sara.

I leave in 45 minutes for Quito!! More from the other side...