Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Packing my bags, taking only memories

I know many of you reading this have had your fair share of transitions and maybe even lots of moving in your life. It's never easy. I forget the tumult of emotions I face every time I pull out my suitcase and begin to fill it. However, this time I've been unpacking my suitcase to refill it again. I've been bouncing around from place to place for over a month.

You know what the weirdest experience for me is? It's when people are discussing their plans for the week or two after my departure date and I'm realizing, I won't be here! Many people have joked saying "yeah Danika, every time I see you, you're saying goodbye!" I know some have this perception that I just can't or don't want to sit still. But the truth is, the transition is always hard. I am missing out on my friend's first child, missing out on my friend's new house, missing out on my friends' marriages.

But, I set out again in hopes of a future that has been called into being by God himself. This was his plan from the beginning. And, to be honest, the adventure is fun! The land of the Afghans beckons to me once again promising many conversations over cups of tea, many giggles with my team over random incidents, many tears, many friends, many experiences, many lessons, many visits to government buildings. The good and the bad and everything in between lie ahead and I anxiously await it.

I depart Saturday.
Can you believe a year and a half has passed since I made my way to start grad school? wow! For those of you following my blog, you'll know that my camera died at the end of the summer this last year. The lens somehow got off it's tracking and refused to work. So, after much debate and research on the internet, I purchased a new camera and will be back in the business of giving you a visual of my life. (though I still have to pick it up at the store, so you just get my words in today's post!)

Pray, pray, pray....and for those of you who post, please remember my location and keep your comments "sanitized." Thanks!

No comments: