Monday, November 02, 2009

A few beautiful things in Scotland so far:



On time trains. coffee. Glasgow. the sea. sleeping in. rain. more rain. lots of refreshing rain. curly hair because of the rain. new friends. old friends. a comfortable bed. corporate worship. red-faced Scottish men offering to buy me a pint. grocery stores. brie cheese. Guinness. high speed internet. skype chat with my family. the sun peeking through the clouds. smiling hellos. the front seat of a car. more coffee. hot water. men that look me in the eye. hugs. a walk by myself. my headscarf in the bottom of my suitcase. the Scottish lilt. men in kilts. soy lattes. using a credit card. cadbury chocolate. prayer. jeans. the English language. green grass. the fall leaves. electricity at the flip of a switch. freedom.

A few photos from a walk I took this morning:


3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds nice!

Manda said...

Soak up all those kilts and accents for me. love you.

augustine said...

i'm glad you can appreciate the small gifts of every day