Monday, June 13, 2011

Visitors!


My Grandma and my Dad made it here to Taiwan late last night. This is my grandma's first time outside of the US and my dad's first time to Asia! I'm excited to have them here and this is the first time my family and my life overseas has merged together for a time! Their travels went well, a little two hour delay which stared from the US but they met some good people on the flights, watched some movies and tried to sleep.



(I'll have you know this second picture was a self-portrait. I'm pretty impressed with my abilities if I do say so myself).

We took the taxi back last night and rolled into Danshui about 1am! So, needless to say we all just gave each other hugs and went to bed. But, today is a new day. I know many of you are interested in seeing how things go while they are here so I'll try to update my blog and include some more photos as I can.

And THANKS for all who sent stuff with my grandma. I haven't yet brought the suitcase over to my house yet, but she FILLED one whole suitcase and then some (60lbs of stuff!) It feels like Christmas and I feel so loved and blessed. And I've heard I have enough brown sugar to make cookies for a long time...so my roommates and friends here will also feel so blessed! ;)

1 comment:

The Hungry Academic said...

So glad they made it alright. I know you all are going to have a wonderful adventure during this visit. Wish I could be there with you - it would be Gilmore Girls take two. Perhaps some other time. Hug each other for me! Love ya tons.

Mom