Sunday, July 17, 2011

Emerging from the Wilderness


Wow...long time, no write.

My family has come and gone. I had a GREAT time having my dad and my grandma visit. We ventured all over the place...spent time in Taipei, went to the night market, hung out with my English class, had a bbq with my staff, and then spent a few days at a gorgeous hotel in Hualien, a city on the east coast of Taiwan, with an ocean view room. It was good to reconnect, hang out, introduce them to my life here in Taiwan and my friends, and just BE together. This is the one thing that is very limited in living life overseas, just BEING with good friends and family. It's something I treasure so greatly now that it happens so rarely.

This photo was taken on top of Taipei 101, the second tallest building in the world.

Since they've left, life continues to be full and busy as always. It's been a great season of life thoughtI'm still learning the balance of everything that is currently on my plate.

This is a photo of my English class that I work with on Thursday evenings here. I'm getting to know many of them much better and have really enjoyed the growing friendships.


And here is another class I am involved with every day, our SBS!!!

Next week, July 25 and 27 I will be teaching the book of Exodus. So, pretty much every day since my grandma and Dad left I have been studying, thinking, preparing, typing, reading and getting ready to teach the book. I've been blown away by what I've learned from Moses' life and the things God does among the Israelites. It's a book whose story most of us are familiar with and it's been a joy and a privilege to be able to study it more in-depth. I'm excited about teaching so ask for your prayers as i finish my final prep work, as I teach and as I interact with the students as they themselves study through the book in about a week from now.

One thing that really challenged me was how intentionally God makes himself known in this book. It's caused me to reflect on my own journey of knowing God and realizing that God does all things in our lives so purposefully and his goal is knowing him and relationship with him. So, my question to you is, in what ways has God intentionally made himself known to you? How has that impacted how you live?

No comments: