Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Taipei Half Marathon, Round 2



Oddly enough, the half-marathon at the end of the SBS is starting to become a bit of a tradition around here. Last year fifteen of us ran and it was about the same this year.  This has been such a great community to challenge one another in getting out and running, staying healthy and fit. In an environment where study and sitting takes the majority of the day, this half is quite a motivating endeavor. 

This next year I'm hoping to be better at eating healthy and exercising. It's just hitting me as I continue to get a bit older every year (though I know I'm still a little young'un) that I want to be better at taking care of myself because then I'm able to also give out more to others. 

Those races and running while I'm at home in MN paid off because the last two weeks being back and finishing SBS, my training suffered a bit. But, I still finished the half, my time was a few minutes slower than last year but I also made a full-on potty break in the middle of the race....stood in line for the bathroom and everything. 

I'm so thankful for the friends who I got to run late evening, sweaty humid runs at the university track with, Sunday morning mountain runs, running along the river together and of course, celebrating at a finish line with. It's been another incredible year, another amazing time of persevering with God through teaching, studying, living, witnessing, laughing, crying and celebrating life with. 
"crossing the finish line"


NOW we're almost all the same height

A beautiful day for a race at 101
Thanks to all who came out to cheer us on! We have some amazing friends!!!

For those of you who are wanting to get out and accomplish something great this year, I'd challenge you to pick a half-marathon where you are at, and get out and start running. Two years ago I couldn't run more than 5 minutes without  needing to stop, but you have to start somewhere. One of these days, I hope to accomplish a marathon as well. 



No comments: