Monday, December 11, 2006

Makeup and prayer



My friend (momma) Donna, who I'm staying with while I'm in Colorado, treated me to a makeover this week. It was quite nice to be girly, in public, and have someone give me some tips on my makeup. Anyways, Donna told me it was a shame after the makeover just to take me home. So, I took some pictures and decided to post one on my blog to show you all my irresistable beauty. ;) And, it would be a shame to let a good makeover go to waste (remember guys, I'm still single!)

Well friends, it has been a restful week so far and also so full of just the real stuff of life. I wanted to just ask you all to pray for some real amazing friends of mine who are also walking through some real tough stuff right now. So, please get on your knees and say a prayer for these faithful ones:

1. Kendall and Andi Koens:
Kendall has been battling cancer since last spring and is recovering from his surgery to remove the tumor. However he's had complications including a collapsed lung and is on a trach. Please pray that he'd be able to be home without machines for Christmas.

2. The son of Jason and Adrienne Graves, Noah Steven.
This precious little boy has been in the hospital since he was 2 months old (over 4 months ago) and the doctors are still puzzled as to what is wrong with him. Please pray for his complete healing and for strength and wisdom for his family.

3. Hans Baumann and family. Hans is a dear, Christian man who was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia and is expected to go home to be with Jesus within the week. Please pray for his family and him as they face this time together.

And remember, especially in this Christmas season, that life is more than spending money or if you get the Christmas cookies done just right or the fact that your lights on your house don't quite look like your neighbor's. Life is fragile and it's a gift for us...and Jesus' birth here on earth was the greatest gift we could ever have received. Let's live as if that is that is the most significant thing this holiday season. The rest of it, is just dust.

No comments: