Thursday, December 28, 2006

My front door has a time warp

Why is it that every adult that returns home seems to step through some time warp that none of us notices but everyone feels? I have talked to SO many people that say they feel like a kid when they go back to their parents' house (or with whomever you lived with growing up). I'm feeling the affects of it today. Everyone is off at work and I'm stuck at home...literally. I don't have a car. So, I've been entertaining myself with video rentals (which I had to get a ride to go get) and typing up my newsletter. And my family KNOWS i'm an adult. I KNOW I'm an adult. Why don't we act like people have adult lives? I even find myself getting whiney and moody like a teenager. It's like the second I step through my front door my hair magically jumps up into a frizzy mess, my bangs get 10 feet higher, my acne magically appears and I am trying to find an excuse to stay up past my bed time...but, it's all blind to me and everyone around me until those magical family moments when you stop and think...hey, I live on the other side of the world ON MY OWN!!! I have a checking account and I pay taxes. What is happening to me!?!?!

So, I'm also trying to figure out what to do with my time here and make some major decisions. Prayer is always appreciatated. I honestly feel like Afghanistan is too much for my heart at the moment and I need a bit more time...not a lot but a bit. But, staying at home and just sitting all day is not refreshing my heart. It's mostly numbing it. So, I have some options. Please pray with me as I seek God as to what is best for me right now.

Oh and a little shout out to all you who have called or emailed about stopping by whenever I'm in your area...but unless it's outside of Gilbert, MN then it's probably not going to happen. If you really can't live without your Danika-fix until next summer, you'll have to come see me! I wish I could but between not having a car and buying plane tickets, it's just not possbile right now.

No comments: