Sunday, March 04, 2007

High-tech security

I've been meaning to blog about our new "neighborhood watch" system here, mostly because it gives me many moments of sarcastic comments and ironic chuckles. I love to let you all in to my bizarre little world.

There have been a couple of robberies in my neighborhood so I don't know who decided it but there are a couple of guys that walk around at night to just be a presence in the neighborhood and deter people from breaking into homes. Sounds great, right? But, they walk around with whistles and blow on them all throughout the night. Also, each house (including ours) pays them $1 a month for their "protection" in the neighborhood. Now, in a way, I really pity these guys. I for one, would not want to be waking around a dark neighborhood blowing a whistle alerting everyone to my exact presence so they can come beat me up. Also, I wonder how this increases security because I think it just lets the people who want to break into a house know exactly where the people are so they can sneak around away from the whistle-blowing guys. AND, what does the dollar pay for? A new whistle every now and then? Maybe to resole their shoes as they walk around on the rocky streets all night? You can't really support a family on that! Everytime they walk by my house at night I just have to laugh because I find it so strange.

Some other crazy new news: I'M MOVING!!! We rented another house because our team is growing. I orginally hadn't planned on moving but it just kind of worked out. The great thing is that I will have my own room for awhile. I'm a big girl now. So, to pay homage to my room that has been home and a refuge for a year and a half now, I am posting a picture below. Once I move and get settled I'll post a picture of my new house. You can actually see the building on the blog I posted below about the muddy streets. It's the tallest building on the left side of the street, so our team all lives really close...which is good so we can maintain our security! ;)

No comments: