Friday, March 23, 2007

We're off to see the village




On Tuesday I ventured out to a Turkmen village that was about 3.5 hours from my city. And there was a real, paved road for about a third of that time. I sat in the back of our van feeling like I was riding a camel the whole way. We donated a library to the school, made a few speeches and left. Usually we will run a teacher training seminar and activities for kids and stay for a couple of weeks. However, this was more a favor for the government because this school has been requesting help for a bit. So, the Minister of Economics came with us and it was all "official." Seriously, the things that I have learned to do over the last two years. I never realized I'd be so involved with the government here.

It was also New Years here. I laid low this year because we had a bunch of security warnings. My city is the main city in the country for New Years...much like Times Square in the States. So, I slept in, watched movies, and that was about it. So nice. Happy 1386 everyone!

No comments: