Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas newsletters!!

I just threw 200+ Christmas cards, newsletters and new prayer cards in the mail today. If you are on my mailing list and have gotten your info to me, one is possibly on the way to your mailbox. Those suckers are so much work; I always forget until I actually start them. Yikes. Putting them in the mailbox had the same sense of relief of handing over a research paper to a professor!

Tomorrow I take the bus (again...hopefully no adventures this time, I'm anxious just to get home) to Minnesota to spend the holidays with my family. I'm looking forward to it as well as looking forward to some extra time to do some reading and knitting (I know, I'm LAME!!!) Please give me a call for those of you around the Duluth, Iron Range area. I'm still not sure when/if I'll get to the Cities. We'll see.

Merry, merry Christmas to all of you. And don't take the holidays or time with family for granted. There are many Christians around the world who have to celebrate in secret or not at all. And celebration doesn't include pictures with Santa at the department stores or piles of gifts but humble prayers and thanks to God for the gift of his Son. Don't take your eyes off of what is important and worthy of our worship and devotion this holiday season.

1 comment:

Manda said...

yay!! my friend is coming! i would love love love to see you. Do you have a plan? I love to knit, too :) If you have a chance, i'd love to see you.