Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The grandma-like side of me

So, I am addicted to a multitude of crafts...knitting, crocheting, quilting, scrapbooking, card making. I rarely get to do these things any more due to lack of time and lack of supplies. (Just so you know, there is no Hobby Lobby or a local Joann's in Afghanistan!) So, as I've returned and had a bit of extra time, I'm finishing up and starting some projects that have been a lot of fun.

This is a quilt that I started when I was working in COLORADO!!! (3 years ago!). All I had left was the actual quilting so I finished it up at my grandma's and took it with me to Chicago. It's a bit country for my taste, but I really like the colors and the fabric. The blue fabric with the darker blue flowers in the middle of the pattern is from India:




This is a scarf that I knit. The pattern can be found on Knitty's Website (a favorite of mine!):




And my final and most exciting accomplishment is a pair of fair isle mittens that I started when I was hanging out in California last year. (The pattern can be found here.) These were grieving therapy so I'm keeping them for myself (most of my crafts find their way into someone else's hands as they end up being great gifts!). These mittens were a number of firsts for me: first time knitting fair isle pattern, first time knitting with alpaca yarn, first time making mittens, first time knitting with needles that small, and the first time blocking my knitting. However, I was up for the challenge and they turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!





And....here is a sneak peak on a project I am working on for a Christmas present. I can't tell you for who and I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you it's going to be GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love knitty! I'm making the Entwined scarf because I'm not nearly as daring as you. I've made boring old chunky yarn mittens but yours are amazing! I really like the pattern.