Monday, March 09, 2009

What a wild two weeks!



It has been quite the whirlwind being back here these last two weeks. I feel like I've been here for a few months with all that's been going on! About a week after I was here one of the short-term team members ended up having to be brought into the military hospital because he had a seizure in our bathroom. It was an incredibly scary day and one of my worst fears as a team leader was realized.

However, the peace of God was upon all of us as we sprang into action and got on our knees. The photo above was the day that the student was released from the hospital. (the sign says welcome back). He's currently on his way out of the country to get further care. We were very sad to see their team leave.

This is a new season here. I'm realizing how much more my focus is on equipping the team and getting ready for our school in May. I am enjoying it in that a lot of my giftings in the area of leadership and teaching are going to be used, but I really miss having as much time with the local people as I did before. I am hoping to get some visiting time in this week as I've been in the house having meetings all day the last few days.

No comments: