Monday, August 06, 2007

Brother Yun



For those of you who may not heard of him I'd like to introduce you to Brother Yun. He's a Chinese Christian brother who has walked through quite the number of events in his life include a total of 7 years in prison and various persecutions under the communist, atheist government of China. If you haven't yet, please take some time to read his book The Heavenly Man. He is founder of an organization called Back to Jerusalem which is motivating the Chinese church and the church around the world to minister to the nations located between China and Jerusalem (of which Afghanistan is one!).

The conference was great. I think the highlight was meeting Afghan brothers and sisters who are living here in the west and getting the chance to dialogue with them about their faith, their views on the situation in Afghanistan, hearing their stories. It was great worshiping in Dari although I already feel as though my language has slumped again!

It was also encouraging to me that there is a population of people on THIS side of the world that has their eyes and prayers on Afghanistan. I was very much encouraged about that because sometimes I feel like a very quiet voice for a very loud issue/place/people. I'm okay with that but it was comforting to hear other voices chiming in with me.

My mom and grandma who were with also commented on the fact that is conference was beneficial for them in understanding Afghanistan and what is happening there a bit better. I'm trying to get my mom to come on a trip with me next spring!

No comments: