Monday, August 27, 2007

Registered and ready to go!



Boy am I glad graduate orientation is different than undergraduate orientation. I remember heading off to Northwestern and it feeling like summer camp for 5 days. We had an "orientation group" and I remember the girls being way too pretty and the guys showing off way too much. We had excursions and even a full blown fair on the main lawn on campus, complete with sumo wrestling in the big blown-up suits! My roommates and I would fuss in front of the mirror just to go down to the student center or get a hamburger from the Eagles' Nest. Yikes.

Today I set off with similar butterflies in my stomach and was still pretty impressed at how dressed up people arrived but this time I was surrounded by random theological conversations, meeting people from places like South Africa and India and Vietnam. I was basically given a checklist of things to do and sent off to do them...much like I was a responsible adult. Sigh...so nice.

So, I'll be taking classes in Theological Foundations (of Missions), Historical Foundations (of Missions), Intercultural Communication, Evangelism and Church Planting, and Spiritual Conflict. I'm very excited for all of these classes and just feel blessed to be able to be here and study these things for this season. Classes start on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Yay! Congratulations, my dear! I'm excited for this chapter in your life.
I love you dearly.
Ade
xoxox