Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Wedding Blog

So, this summer has been a summer of weddings. I was able to be at three of them this last month. They are all good, dear friends of mine so I thought I'd post the pictures along with a few "warm fuzzy" words about them!

Karl and Stacy


I actually met Karl for the first time at the wedding...actually, I talked to him for the first time this last weekend. But, Stacy....Stacy and I met when she was a camper at Covenant Park Bible Camp and I was her junior counselor! I remember the next summer she came back and asked if I remembered her name, right in front of her mother...and I had forgotten it! But, I haven't forgotten since then! And we got the chance to work on staff together at camp and share some great times. The thing I love about Stacy is that she is so genuine. What you see is truly what you get. She has an awesome laugh, a great sense of humor and a passionate love for Jesus!

Brandon and Kimber


I love Brandon and Kimber to pieces. I met both of them during their DTS (Discipleship Training School) out in Colorado. They were both students of the school I staffed. Kimber was in the small group that I led. And they both fell for each other during the school...even though dating is not permitted during the DTS. I remember the day Brandon came to me and confessed that he had let his feelings be known to Kimber and apologized to me profusely! But they handled their feelings very maturely and started dating after the school was over...long-distance as Brandon was in California and Kimber was in Minnesota and Missouri. They waited 3 long years to get married after they both finished school. These guys both have a great heart for God and to serve him overseas. I know they both have been itching to finish school and head to "the field." It was a privilege to be a part of their wedding after being a part of the beginning of their friendship/relationship.


This is a picture of the "ywammers" at Brandon and Kimber's wedding.

Peter and Anna Jean (AJ)

(This picture is unfortunately a bit blurry and I didn't take any better ones for some reason. My apologies.)
Peter and I have been good friends since junior high when we used to run around each other's churches and do lots of things together with our youth groups. I have a lot of good memories with Peter...from Adventurous Christians and CHIC to many summers out at Covenant Park on staff together. He was a part of the infamous "prank summer" which included mothballs, dixie cups and...what about the writing on the wall? He was a part of "The Four" as we were named by others. Peter has a great heart and a hunger to know God and his Word more and more. It was also a blessing to be a part of his wedding day.

So, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! And I wish you the very best in your marriages and as you seek to serve the Lord together in the days ahead!

1 comment:

Luken said...

Wow, Petes married. I still can't wrap my brain around that no matter how often I say it :)