Friday, August 17, 2007

A little solo-retreat

I absolutely love hiking and the outdoors. I think it's one of the biggest things I miss when I'm in Central Asia and it's one of those things I prayed about "God, do I really have to give this up?!?!" So, since I've been home I've taken advantage of the great outdoors...biking, kayaking and yesterday I made it out to the Superior Hiking Trail and hiked and hiked and hiked until my calves and butt HURT!!! It was amazing! And I think my eyes saw more green in that one day than I have in the last 2 years!!

So, here are some pictures from my outing...it was a perfect day, high 70's, a light breeze, and clear skies.
A well-taken self-portrait if I do say so myself! Lake Superior is in the background.

Lake Superior

One of 4 inland lakes that I hiked around


I'm off to Chicago on Monday!! Classes start the 29th.
And, be sure to check back because I will be posting "The Wedding Blog" highlighting the 3 weddings that I will have attended this summer.

3 comments:

Scott and Emily: said...

Wheaton is going to be so blessed to have you; it's a marvelous place!

Manda said...

which lake was the one in the third picture? Bean or Bear? My thoughts and prayers go with you. You're so loved.

Danika said...

This was actually Nipisquit Lake...it's a little off the Superior Hiking trail and to the northeast of Bean and Bear lakes, still in Tettegouche State Park.